TOPSHOP • Summer Wishlist11:51
After having finished my final exam yesterday (*parties manically*) it was only natural that I went on a post exam shop. I honestly cannot remember how long it has been since I was able to mooch around shops, lusting over anything and everything. Of course, I had to take a trip to OUTFIT where I got to browse through the fabulous items that Topshop have stocked this season. And so, with that in mind, I thought I would make a Topshop inspired wishlist as it's been forever since I've made one!
1. Orange Animal Print Dress: This dress is absolutely perfect for fun days out with your friends in the summer. I love the bright, orange colour of the print which really stands out against the white. The back of the dress has cut-out ladder detailing which looks pretty awesome as well as keeping you cool in the summer heat. This lovely safari print also comes on a playsuit, which looks pretty cute too!
2. Electric Blue Jelly Sandals: At the moment, I'm in love with bright and electric blue tones and these jelly shoes are no exception. Jelly shoes are a controversial topic as you either love them, or think they should have been left in the 90s. I must admit, I started off with having a dislike towards them but have grown to love them after seeing so many people pull them off so well! I think they are super cute and this particular pair would look great with the animal print dress!
3. Tortoise Shell Sunnies: I've always preferred tortoise shell sunglasses to completely black ones as I think they look less 'harsher' on my face. Although, having said that, I do have a black pair similar to this shape because at the time, I couldn't find any in the tortoise shell design. So, when I saw these on the Topshop website, I just had to put them on my wishlist!
4. White Flatform Sandals: These flatforms are absolutely beautiful and are perfect for the summer! White looks lovely in the warmer months, especially as it makes your skin look more tanned. I don't own a white pair of shoes as of yet (except my floral Docs but they have a print on them) because I'm ridiculously careless and will probably get them dirty. However, I'm willing to risk that with these beauties and just go out there. I love how they subtly add height without being too outrageous which makes these shoes perfect for casual days out, or more formal evening wear.
5. Tan Embossed Suede Backpack: Everyone needs a backpack for the summer and this one just screams 'summer adventure'! I love the earthy feel the design gives off and the contrast in textures with the suede and embossed 100% leather panels. It's a pretty good size too which means you can fit your adventure kit plus a few girly essentials.
6. Acid Wash Pinafore Dress: Like the jelly shoes, this denim pinafore just takes me back to my childhood. I think it's perfect for British summer as it's a bit more heavy weight and so will keep you warm against the breezes that we tend to have. It's really versatile too; you can layer it over a plain white tee in the summer or over a chunky knit jumper and tights in the winter. It's only £38 and the fact that you'll get so much wear out of it just makes it all that more fabulous.
1 & 4. Curve and Spike Necklace & Wooden Elephants Necklace: In the summer I stick to wearing simple, plain tees and so large necklaces such as this spiked one and elephant one are great for adding a little extra something to an outfit. The spiked one makes much more of a statement in contrast to the wooden elephants one which has a much subtler, earthy feel. The elephants would look lovely with the denim pinafore or the daisy print t-shirt tunic for casual days out. The spiked one would look lovely under the collar of a sheer, white shirt for a more formal occasion.
2. Daisy T-shirt Tunic: This lovely cross between a tunic and a t-shirt is simply fabulous for summer. Like I said, I normally stick to t-shirts in the summer and this would make my life so much more easier as all I would have to do is throw it over a pair of leggings and I'm done! I'm in love with daisy print clothing too and so the fact that this has the hugest daisy on the front of it is a great extra. 100 brownie points for Topshop!
3. Double Spike Hand Cuff: I love the simplicity of this hand cuff and the spikes just give it a little extra something. It's not completely statemented and so you can probably build around it with a few more dainty chains.
5. Floral Collar Tips: Collars are my absolute favourites and so I'm all for accessorising a plain white collar with these lovely, vintage floral print collar tips. I've done a DIY before on up-cycling a broken necklace to make a collar chain which you can find here. They are a great alternative for necklaces and can look really pretty and dainty.
I hope you enjoyed this post! Like I said, I haven't done a Wishlist in a while and I completely forgot how fun they are to make. Which items did you like or what have you been lusting over this summer?
I'd also like to thank you all for your kind comments in my last post. You all made my day and definitely got me through my exams! I'd hate to lose you all as followers so it would be lovely if you followed me on Bloglovin' as GFC is being discontinued as of 1st July. Hope you have a lovely weekend and Father's Day tomorrow!
And finally, I redecorated the blog! What do you think? I love how it all looks a lot cleaner and 'fresh' now.