BODYCHEF REVIEW

09:00


As the New Year approaches, I'm probably not wrong in thinking that a lot of you will have resolutions involving weight and food. Luckily, I've got a great recommendation for you - Bodychef! If you haven't heard of them already, Bodychef are healthy diet food delivery service, that offer over 15 diet plans that can be personalised and delivered straight to you.





Personally, I chose the Halal Mediterranean Diet, so will be sharing my experiences on that. However, there are a wide range of success stories for various plans that can be found on their website. Recently, they appeared on ITV's This Time Next Year, after helping people lose up to 10 stone!

FAVOURITE MEALS


A breakfast of yogurt, deluxe muesli and berry compote was definitely something I'd love to have again! I'm so happy that I got this on Day 2 and Day 4, as it was delicious and filling.



Out of all the meals, it was the dinners that stood out the most. With the exception of meals that involved rice and boiling potatoes or vegetables, they all took a total of 2-4 minutes to prepare, which just involved heating them up in the microwave. If I hadn't limited myself to three, I probably would have chosen all of them, but my top picks are: White Rice, Creamy Chicken with Asparagus and Tarragon from Day 3; Sweet Potato Mash, Salmon and Mangetout, and Green Beans from Day 4; and Tasty Stir Fried Chicken with Vegetables and White Rice from Day 6.




MEALS TO MISS


Unfortunately, as with most things, there were a couple of misses for me. First, was the Apple and Apricot Compote from Day 2, as the texture wasn't something I was too keen on. However, the most disappointing was lunch from Day 4, which consisted of just Hummus and Oatcakes. They were both boring and extremely dry!

PROS
User friendly



As the website is very well laid out, choosing and personalising your meal is so easy! All you have to do is click 'Alternative courses', and you can pick from a range of different options. I also love how you can try meals from other plans (like the one highlighted in blue), so you can see whether or not it's worth trying next time around. Or, if you're indecisive like me, you can pick the best of two plans!


For those who are extra conscious of what you're eating, there's a very clear 'Nutritional Information' section which has everything you need to know displayed. Personally, this is not something I paid much attention to (if any at all!), but I know there are a lot of other people who may be interested.


My favourite feature is their 'My Food Exclusions' page, which was very useful to me as I have a few dietary requirements and wanted to absolutely make sure I wasn't receiving food I couldn't eat. The food exclusions not only allowed you to have 'Allergen Exclusions' like nuts and dairy, but also allowed you to have 'Food Exclusions' like alcohol and pork, which you may require for religious reasons. On top of this, when you receive your food, you also get an 'Allergen Information' print out, which outlines all the dishes than contain potential allergens, just in case.


Once your food arrives, it is also labelled with the date and meal it is meant for; I love this as I could organise my food into rows in the fridge. As if that wasn't enough, you receive a print out of your weekly meal plan, with all relevant information too! I found this was very helpful to stick onto my bedroom wall for reference everyday.



Quick and easy

Breakfasts are always ready to eat, as well as lunches which are typically cold. The only thing that really requires preparation is dinner, but on most days that only needed heating up in the microwave for two minutes or so. All of these instructions are given to you on a print out, which is very clearly laid out. Other than this, the rice or vegetables that you may get only need to be boiled for 10 minutes, so you could be eating in no more than 15 minutes after starting your preparations!

CONS
Packaging


The way the food is packaged is very wasteful. I ended up with loads of bubble wrap, cardboard, cooler bags and the worst of them all, plastic containers of varying shapes and sizes. It would be great if there was a way of sending the packaging back to be reused for your next box, as this would perhaps be a lot more environmentally friendly.

Price

Honestly, if I hadn't been offered it as a blogging opportunity, I would never have opted to try Bodychef. Although convenient, as a student it would just been too much of an expense for me, especially as I can make meals that are a lot cheaper. Having said that, I think this would be perfect for young professionals, who may have more financial flexibility to spend on something that would make their working life a little stress free when it comes to preparing food!

If you'd like to have a look through all my Bodychef posts, click this link to view them.

Follow

DISCLAIMER: This post is not sponsored. All opinions are honest and my own.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. This looks like a great, healthy plan! x
    Morgan // www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious, if only I'm as strong as you are hahah. But I give it a go, thanks for sharing:)

    Hilary
    www.theclosetelf.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks delicious. But I live in Denmark so it will not be available for me, unfortunately.
    Happy new years! :-)

    Stop by:
    http://katrinelionett.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Mediterranean diet sounds lovely. I know what you mean about wasteful packaging. Really annoying. Great post xx
    http://christbelle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Click here to follow me on Bloglovin' or click here to tweet me @AbsolutelySX!