DECORATING FOR CHRISTMAS (AFFORDABLE)

10:44


As a way of treating myself whilst doing my assignments, I thought it would be nice to take a break and decorate my room with some Christmassy things I picked up from SammyDress. I never knew they did homeware so was really excited when I found all their Christmas stuff at such affordable prices, especially after having a good first experience.

I ordered quite a few items and they all arrived in 3-4 lots. The majority of the things came in no more than three weeks (as promised) but some took longer than a month, which was both annoying and a shame! In my last post, I mentioned that my items took no more than two weeks, so I'm not sure what happened this time around.



For the entrance to my door, I got this gold star bunting*. Admittedly, I got it thinking it would just do for Christmas, but I like it more than I thought I would so it'll probably stay up there all year now! To go along my window, I also got this pine tree bunting*. Both of these came with thread and a large plastic needle so you could assemble it; I can see this being a nice Christmas craft to do with children.



For my bed, I got this lovely cushion cover* with a pretty Christmas print on it. I would like to note that whilst the quality of the print is good, the material is quite thin. Having said that, I only got it for decoration purposes and as it'll only be used once a year, I don't mind as much. It's definitely something to consider if you're thinking of purchasing a cushion cover from there though. As it alos didn't come with an inner, I made sure to get this pillow inner* from Rosegal.




For an extra Christmassy touch, I also ordered these star shaped pillows, with a reindeer* and snowman* face on them. The quality of them is okay, but the scarf on the snowman one did catch on to something and started to unravel. You also can't remove the cover so washing these cushions may be a little difficult, but I don't see that being too much of a problem for me as they just live on my bed and aren't likely to get dirty.



One of the most exciting things I ordered were some lights! Anyone who knows me knows that my room isn't complete without some fairy lights, so Christmas was obviously no exception. Above my bed, I've hung some hanging Christmas tree shaped lights*, which brighten up the empty space nicely. I've also attached little wooden pegs from The Works to it, so I can hang any cards that I get. The lights themselves have 8 different settings, including 'in waves', 'flash' and 'slow fade', but I usually just keep them set to 'steady on'.

I also got the same style lights with snowflakes* on them but annoyingly, they don't work! I'm really disappointed with this as I first had to buy an adaptor, and once I had plugged it in, there was a quick flash of light then nothing after that. This then made me question the safety of these products, so I always make sure I'm in the room when they're on.



Finally, I got some snowmen lights* which I have strung across my window. I'm happy to say that these actually work, and only need two AA batteries to light them up. If I was paying for these lights myself I'd definitely just stick to the battery powered lights as opposed to the plug in ones, as I think they are more likely to not be faulty. Although all three lights are LEDs, battery powered ones are also usually a lot safer!



As for lounging around in my newly decorated room, I love this reindeer jumper*! It's quite oversized and is lined with fleece, making it really cosy to sleep in.


I'd also thought I'd mention this Christmassy choker* I picked up, which has a snowflake hanging in the centre. However, if you'd prefer something a little more subtle, I also have this pretty lilac velvet* one. Do not sleep with these on though!

Hope you enjoyed my second SammyDress post. Here are a few more of their links: SammyDress Facebook and SammyDress Reviews.

Follow

DISCLAIMER: This post is not sponsored. Items marked (*) are gifted, bought with vouchers or have been sent. All opinions are honest and my own.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Wow, these ideas are so cute! Thank you for that!

    -xx, Sia
    http://www.siafoch.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah these pillows are cute! x

    Jessica — NinetyCo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot :D

    omG, this lights are so cuuuute :D love it :D

    NEW DECOR POST | Essential to decorate your table for Christmas.
    InstagramFacebook Oficial PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Click here to follow me on Bloglovin' or click here to tweet me @AbsolutelySX!